Renova Construction Group is committed to protecting your personal information and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (’Privacy Act’). Although, acts done, or practices engaged in by Renova Construction Group, which are directly related to:
- a current or former employment relationship between Renova Construction Group and
- an employee records held by Renova Construction Group and relating to you,
Are exempt from the Privacy Act. This policy sets out how Renova Construction Group manages your personal information.
Renova Construction Group may collect and hold personal information about you, including your name, date of birth, gender, address, phone number, facsimile number, email address, next of kin details, bank account details, academic history, employment record, nationality, visa details, passport details, medical history and health cover details,
Use and Disclosure
Generally, Renova Construction Group only uses and/or discloses personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected. Although, Renova Construction Group may disclose personal information about you to:
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of the Employer’s business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern;
- its related entities;
- in the case of an emergency involving you, your nominated next of kin;
Renova Construction Group stores your personal information in different ways, including in paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to the Employer. Renova Construction Group takes all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
You may access personal information Renova Construction Group holds about you, upon making a written request. Renova Construction Group will endeavor to acknowledge your request within 14 days of its receipt and to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. Renova Construction Group may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request. Renova Construction Group may decline a request for access to personal information where, among other things:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of an individual;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the Privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between Renova Construction Group and you, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal information about a commercially sensitive decision making process;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice the activities of enforcement bodies.
If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information Renova Construction Group holds about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify Renova Construction Group immediately. Renova Construction Group will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
All information that will be collected from contractors will be to ensure that all contractors have the correct and valid information to perform all tasks as requirement. All contractor information will be placed against every project to ensure compliance with project standards.
Director – Renova Construction Group